Brother MFC-J5945DW Wireless Setup
Follow any one of the two methods provided below for Brother MFC-J5945DW Wireless Setup for a wireless network.
Method 1 - Using the control panel
- Go to a web browser on your Windows computer, visit the printer manufacturer website, and navigate to the Downloads section.
- Select the Download option next to the Full Driver & Software Package file to download the recommended Brother MFC-J5945DW printer on the Windows computer.
- Find the downloaded executable file in the computer’s Downloads folder and double-click it to start the printer driver installation on the Windows computer.
- When the installation wizard starts, click English (United States) in the Select your language list.
- If necessary, read and review the terms and conditions of the Brother software.
- Check if you have enabled the I accept the license agreement option.
- Select the Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) option. When you select the Next option, the Detecting Existing Wireless Network Settings dialog box prompts on the screen.
- Check if the wireless network name (SSID) is correct in the SSID (Network Name) field.
- If the wireless network name is correct, select the radio button next to the ‘Yes, I want to connect the machine to this wireless network’ option and click the Next button.
- When the ‘Enable the Wireless Connection’ message displays in the Wireless Device Setup Wizard window, go to the Brother MFC-J5945DW printer and perform the following steps.
- On the touch screen panel of the printer, tap the Wi-Fi option followed by the Setup Wizard option.
- Tap the Yes option to enable the Brother-MFC J5945DW printer’s WLAN feature.
- Wait until you see the SSID of Access Point screen and then tap the network name of your wireless router.
- Enter the password (network security key) using the numeric touchpad.
- Note: Find the network information such as SSID (network name) and password (network security key) at the rear side of the wireless router’s label.
- Touch the OK option when the Brother MFC J5945dw printer’s LCD panel displays the ‘Connection Successful’ message.
- Go back to the Windows computer, check if the information in both the SSID and Network Key fields are correct.
- Once you select the Next option in the Wireless Network Setup window, select the checkbox next to the Checked and Confirmed option and click the Next button.
- Select Brother MFC J5945DW Next Standard (recommended) Next.
- Follow the rest of the prompts to finish the printer driver installation on the Windows computer.
Method 2 - WPS Push Button
- Note: To perform this method, your wireless router should support WPS.
- Select the following options on the Brother MFC J5945DW printer’s control panel.
- All Settings
- Enable the WLAN feature on the Brother MFC J5945DW printer by selecting the Yes option when the Enable WLAN message displays.
- Now, the LCD panel of the printer prompts to start WPS. Find the WPS button on the rear side of the wireless router and press it.
- Go back to the Brother MFC J5945DW printer, press the OK button. This will connect the printer to the wireless network.
- The network connection is successful only if the Connected message appears on the LCD panel of the Brother MFC J5945DW printer.
- Once done with the steps mentioned above, download and install the Full Driver & Software Package file on your computer by following the on-screen guidelines.
- You can get the Full Driver & Software Package file either from the official Brother website or our website. if still, you have a query on Brother MFC-J5945DW Wireless Setup, contact our technical team for remote assistance