Brother MFC-J5945DW Print Quality Problem
Brother MFC-J5945DW Print Quality Problem results in white lines on text or pictures, few unprinted blank spaces, and faded or poor print quality. Proceed with the instructions given below to fix the print quality problem.
Step 1: Print the Quality Check Sheet
- From your printer’s control panel display, go to Settings and select Maintenance.
- Tap on the Improve Print Quality option and select Check Print Quality.
- Press Start to print the Quality Check Sheet. Now, verify the quality of the printed sheet.
- Follow the instructions on the touchscreen to check the print quality.
- Choose the pattern from 1-4, which matches the print result on the sheet.
- You will be prompted to clean the print head if required. Press Start to begin the cleaning process.
- After the cleaning process is complete, tap on the Start button again to print the Print Quality Check sheet.
- Once the sheet is printed, check the print quality on the sheet.
- If the quality is not good, replace the cartridges with genuine Brother ink cartridges.
- After the print head nozzles are cleaned, the print quality gets improved.
- It is not recommended to touch the print head to avoid damage.
- If the above method fails, try cleaning the nozzles using a lint-free cloth dipped in a cleaner solution.
Step 2: Check Print Alignment
- On the printer’s control panel touchscreen, select the Maintenance option from Settings.
- Select Improve Print Quality and tap on the Alignment option. Then, press Next to print the alignment sheet.
- Once the printing process is complete, tap Yes when a confirmation message displays on the screen.
- Now, place the printed sheet on the scanner glass of the printer, with the printed side facing down.
- Select the checking mode as Auto or Manual.
- In Auto mode, the alignment is automatically corrected by scanning the alignment check sheet.
- In Manual mode, you have to enter the information manually by checking the printed sheet. Choose either Basic alignment or Advanced alignment.
- Choose the paper size on the printer’s touchscreen to check the alignment.
- Print the Alignment Check Sheet again to check the quality.
- If the alignment is correct, the printed text looks straight and has good quality. If still Brother Mfc-j5945dw print quality problem persists, click the call button displayed on the screen..