Brother MFC-J5945DW Driver
The Brother MFC-J5945DW Driver is required to access the printer from your device. The Full Driver & Software Package is mostly recommended to get access to most functionalities of your printer.
The other drivers available for the printer include
- Printer Driver & Scanner Driver for a local connection, which enables only the printing and scanning functions.
- Add Printer Wizard Driver, and XML Paper Specification Printer Driver.
- Other software include the BR-Script driver, Enhanced Generic PCL Driver, and Universal Printer Driver.
The Universal printer driver can be installed on your computer if you are using multiple Brother printers.
Brother MFC-J5945DW Driver Download
- Open the Brother printer’s official website from your web browser.
- Select your country and navigate to the official Support page of Brother.
- Enter your model number or choose your product group and model. Then select Go.
- Click the Downloads & Drivers tab and select the link with the model of your printer.
- Choose your operating system and OS version and click Search.
- The recommended software can be downloaded from the Drivers section.
- Click the Notes link before downloading the software to get the instructions for installing the software.
- Agree to the License agreement by clicking the Agree to EULA tab.
- On a Windows computer, you can save the file by selecting Save file on the prompted window.
- For Mac users, the download will start automatically.
- The downloaded file will be shown in the browser dock.
- Open the installer file to install the software on your computer.
- For mobile devices, download the Brother iPrint&Scan application.
- Connect the printer and smartphone to the same wireless network.
- You can now access the printer from your smartphone through the app. If you still have a query on Brother MFC-J5945DW Driver, click the call button for remote assistance.
Using wired connection on Windows:
- Open the printer cover and connect the printer and wireless router using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the printer and your computer to install the driver.
- Insert the installation CD which came with the package into the CD drive.
- Open the CD drive on your computer and double-click the installer file.
- Launch the Brother Installation Wizard and follow the instructions on the software.
- Select your preferred language and agree with the license agreement.
- In the Connection type window, select the Wired Network Connection option. Click here if you are facing any network issue
- Choose your printer from the list.
- If your printer is not detected or shown in the list, click the Enter IP Address tab.
- Type the IP address of the printer and select your printer. Then, click Next.
- Choose Standard Installation on the installation type screen.
- The iPrint&Scan application will be automatically installed on your device. Select Install later to install the mobile application later.
- You can install the additional software if it is required.
- Register your printer if needed. Then, click Finish.
Using wireless connection on Windows:
- Double-click the installer file to open the setup wizard.
- Select Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) in the connection type.
- Verify your network name when the detecting existing wireless network settings window appears. Then click Next.
- If not automatically detected, enable wireless connection and follow the instruction on the screen.
Using wired connection on Mac:
- Put the installation CD in the drive or download the software from the official support site of the printer.
- Open the installer file, click the Start Here Mac option, and select the Wired Network Connection (Ethernet).
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the printer and network router.
- Select your printer and follow the instructions displayed in the Brother driver installation wizard and click Install.
- Enter the admin credentials when prompted. Then, click the Install Software tab followed by Close.
- Select Add printer in the Start Here Mac window and select your printer.
- Follow the other instructions and install the driver on your Mac device.
Using wireless connection on Mac
- Launch the installer file, select Wireless Network as the Connection type, and enter the username and network key of your wireless network when prompted.
- The other instructions will be displayed on the prompts while installing the software.